Ruling PDP-Laban’s list potential of senatorial candidates is made up of colorful and popular personalities which includes veteran politicians and those coming from the entertainment industry.
The list was bared after former Senate President and PDP-Laban president Aquilino ‘Koko’ Pimentel sought the advice of President Rodrigo Duterte through a letter on Wednesday, August 15, in finalizing the party’s senatorial slate for the upcoming 2019 election.
“As the president of PDP-Laban, I am writing to you to get your opinion on the senatorial slate that our political party is forming, to be fielded in the upcoming May 2019 elections,” Pimentel said in a letter.
Pimentel listed down the names of 24 individuals the party is planning to field in the election. The list was subdivided into three categories namely PDP- Laban Members, Friends of PDP-Laban and Reelectionists:
- Special assistant to the President Christopher “Bong” Go
- Presidential political adviser Francis Tolentino
- Aquilino “Koko” Pimentel III
- Davao City Rep. Karlo Nograles
- Maguindanao Rep. Zajid “Dong” Mangudadatu
- Bataan Rep. Geraldine Roman
- Makati Rep. Monsour Del Rosario
- Folk singer Freddie Aguilar
- Broadcast journalist Jiggy Manicad
- Negros Occidental Rep. Alfredo “Albee” Benitez
- Quirino Rep. Dakila Carlo “Dax” Cua
Friends of PDP-Laban:
- Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio
- Bureau of Corrections Director Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa
- Actor Robin Padilla
- Actor and former Sen. Lito Lapid
- Former Interior Secretary Rafael “Raffy” Alunan
- Columnist Ramon Tulfo
- Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque
- Taguig Rep. Pia Cayetano
- Cynthia Villar
- Sonny Angara
- JV Ejercito
- Grace Poe
- Nancy Binay
“I hope that the party leadership can sit down with you, as the party chairman, at the earliest possible time so we can talk about party matters and prepare for the fast approaching May 2019 elections,” Pimentel added.